Want to join the #1 marketing data pipeline company and one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech companies?
We’re looking for a Tech Lead (PHP) to join the Monetization team!
🧩 You will make a great impact by…
Leading the Monetization team by shaping the technical direction in developing new features and improving the existing ones in our payments systems. Supermetrics products have over half a million users, and we transfer over 2.1 PB of data monthly, running billions of queries with over 100 data sources..
..and this team is at the heart of it.
We're looking for an experienced tech lead with a flexible and agile mindset and humble confidence in leading a team of skilled software engineers. A tech lead who shares our values and emphasizes development and growth to keep up-to-date and harness the newest technologies in this fast-changing field.
Ideally, you'll be located in Helsinki, but you can also work 100% remotely from Lithuania, Poland, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, or the UK. Nevertheless, we work tightly together online by having daily catch-ups with the team!
📝 Your day-to-day work and responsibilities will include:
- Leading the team to design and deliver improvements and new features on payments systems
- Making architectural decisions on the payments systems
- Ensuring the development of well-designed and testable code
- Troubleshooting and debugging to optimize performance
- Improve the workflow and ensure an effective development process
- Driving release and sprint planning sessions
- Working cross-functionally with other engineering teams to ensure the timely and quality release of features
🔧 Technologies you’ll be working with:
💪 This role is for you if you have:
- Solid experience in PHP and object-oriented development
- Excellent understanding of both relational databases as well as no-SQL databases
- Strong expertise in software testing with PHPUnit
- Good grasp of agile software development and methods (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to act independently as a key technical specialist and ask the right questions, and drive troubleshooting with experts
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable working with remote team members
- At least five years of experience in a Senior Software Engineer, Tech Lead or Software Architect role.
Read more about our engineering team and why join!
What's in it for you?
People like to work at Supermetrics because we all work towards the same goal using our strengths. We're motivated to achieve our vision of being the world's best business data pipeline company. At Supermetrics, we have unrivaled team spirit and a shared thirst for continuous learning and sharing our knowledge. We take our work seriously - not so much ourselves. We recognize our team as our greatest asset and take good care of our people.
And in case we haven't met before, here's Supermetrics in a nutshell:
It all started from a Google t-shirt...
Supermetrics was founded in 2013 as a result of one data geek's will to win a Google t-shirt, and we have been profitable and growing ever since! We build products that are used by 500k people worldwide in small and big companies alike (BBC, Dyson, and WarnerBros, to name a few). Marketers, Data Analysts, and Engineers use Supermetrics to move data from popular marketing platforms (such as Facebook, Google Ads, and HubSpot) to destinations like Google Sheets, Looker Studio, Excel, various BI tools, and data warehouses.
We're a diverse community of curious minds excited to build the best business data solutions. Our most prevalent traits are kindness, humility, openness, and dedication to our respective crafts.
Does this sound like your next adventure? Apply now! We'll fill the role as soon as we find the right person.